Samsung Galaxy S4: How to See Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Easter Egg Animation

Each Android version has their own names and mascots, but their names usually take from the dessert name in alphabetical order, for instance Android 4.3 was named with Jelly Bean and the newest version Android 4.4 is named Kitkat.

See also: New Options and Features in Android 4.4.2 Kitkat in the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500

As we all know that each Android version brings their own Easter egg animations, so does with the newest version Android 4.4 Kitkat. Given I've updated my phone to this Android version, then in this post I'll show you how to see Easter egg animation of Android 4.4 Kitkat and how it looks like.


How to see Easter egg animation in Android 4.4.2 Kitkat?
Below are the steps to do so:
  1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap More tab.
  3. Scroll down to find About Device, then tap it.
  4. Tap Android version rapidly 5 times or so.
  5. You'll see a letter K in big size (K is for Kitkat) displayed in the middle of the screen.
  6. Long tap the letter K then you'll see a word of Android in the middle of the screen and the android version at the bottom of the screen.
  7. Long tap the word "Android" in the middle of the screen to display Android 4.4.2 Kitkat animation. Here you can see all Android mascots (Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean and of course Kitkat) displayed inside colourful boxes. You can play with them by tapping a box then it'll move to another place.

Well, though Easter egg animations is not a feature, but it's always fun to see and play with them once we have managed updating the phone with the new Android version.

7 comments:

  1. In my s4 K is not spinning.
    Why is it so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fayaz Gafoor,
      Thanks for coming.
      Do a single tap on "K" and it'll will spin.

      Delete
  2. In my new s5 it was spinning
    After 2 days its same like my s4..
    Not spinning!! ; (

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fayaz Gafoor,
      Glad to see you again.
      Well, that's weird. In my S4 and S5, the "K" spin when I tap them.
      As far as I know, since this hidden animation has no relation with other options or settings in this phone that will let the user customize the animation therefore I have no idea about what the culprit of your problem is. I'm not sure about it, but the OS update may be the cause.

      Delete
  3. my S3 sgh-i1747m not spinning "k" and I reset the phone and it spinning but now I install some apps and "k" also not spinning again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dimuthu madusanka,
      Thanks for coming.
      I never think that an app can make the Easter egg animation not work properly. But, if you noticed that the animation didn't act as it used to be once you had installed an app, then try uninstalling that app. If the app is the culprit, the animation should work well.

      Delete
  4. why may kitkat 4.4.2 NOT DISPLAY BIG K just have small k

    ReplyDelete

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)